CRITICAL HOME REPAIRSHelping to keep your homes healthy and safe.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Critical Home Repair provides major repairs at a discounted rate to keep homeowners safe and warm, and from being displaced from their homes. CHR addresses health and safety concerns in several areas of the home. They include, but are not limited to:
- Repairs to alleviate health, life, and safety issues
- Roof repair/replacement
- Window/door repair/replacement
- Extensive siding, soffit, facia and trim repair or replacement
- Heating hazards/repair/replacement/upgrade
- Electrical hazards/repair/replacement/upgrade
- Plumbing hazards/repair/replacement/upgrade
- Code violations
Cost of the Project: The cost of the project will be actual cost of materials, labor/supervision, subcontractors, and insurance. The cost cannot exceed 15% ($22,146) of the average cost of a new Habitat home in the Flathead ($147,642). All projects will be evaluated on a cost-benefit approach; will the project make a significant impact to the continued livability of the home or is the home in such disrepair that multiple projects and system repairs would be required, exceeding the program budget and scope.