HOME CONSTRUCTIONBe the foundation for a child's future.
VOLUNTEERS ARE OUR HEROES
You play an essential role in helping Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley fulfill our mission to build homes in partnership with qualified families in need of a hand up. Habitat is by the people, for the people! Nearly 90% of all construction activity is completed by volunteers just like you!
As a construction volunteer, you’re in good hands, under the guidance of our awesome Construction Team. With you, we can keep building homes, community, and hope! We build year-round and construction volunteers are essential to our success. This year we plan to complete 5 new homes and will need a 1,000 or more volunteers to complete our goal.
Please note that once you sign up to volunteer, you will be contacted by our Community Engagement Director to request more information before providing you with build day details.
- No previous construction skills are required or expected.
- All tools and safety gear provided and supervised by skilled construction team.
- Typical tasks include framing, roofing, concrete work, cabinet installation, drywall, soffit work, interior and exterior painting, and landscape related work. We have homes at different stages of completion and ask for your flexibility with assignments.
- Year-round building, weather permitting, excluding holidays.
- Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday schedules are 8:00am – 3:30pm. Additional build days are available as needed.
- All construction volunteers must be present for Sign-in and Safety Presentation at beginning of workday. No exceptions.
- Construction site volunteers must be adults, 18+.
- What to Wear– Dress with safety in mind and clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or stained (painting may be involved). Loose clothing can be dangerous when using power tools. Dress layered as weather conditions and job assignments may vary throughout the day. Please note – no shorts shorter than mid-thigh and no bare midriffs. Sturdy closed toed shoes are required, such as work boots or tennis shoes. Those not in compliance will be asked to leave.
- To ensure volunteer safety on the site, volunteers will be provided with all personal protective equipment, tools, gloves, masks, and safety gear including hardhats and safety glasses.