WORKPLACE GIVINGIncludes some of the easiest ways to offer ongoing and effective support to Habitat Flathead’ s efforts to build stronger neighborhoods.
Some of the easiest ways to offer ongoing and effective support to Habitat Flathead’ s efforts to build stronger neighborhoods is through workplace giving and matching gifts. You work here, why not check off a win-win by using your employer’s tools to advance the health of our communities?
PAYROLL DEDUCTIONSMany private and public employers offer employees the opportunity to make donations through payroll giving. These employer-sponsored programs may have an annual or ongoing enrollment period and may either be run through third party or directly through your employer. Your donation is typically split between each pay period, resulting in a recurring, manageable deduction from your paycheck.
WHY PAYROLL DEDUCTION MAY BE A GREAT FIT FOR YOU
- It’s easy: You set up your gift once and your employer’s system takes care of the rest.
- It’s bite-sized: Spread your giving throughout the year to keep it affordable to you.
- It’s stress-reducing: Rest easy at year’s end knowing your tax deductible giving is taken care of.
WHY WE ALSO THINK IT’S A GOOD DEAL
- It’s sustainable: Year-round giving means that we can be there year-round for the Flathead communities that depend on us.
- It’s efficient: The more people that give in a predictable and ongoing way, the fewer resources we need to commit to new fundraising projects.
- It adds up: Every gift makes a difference, no matter the size. A monthly gift of $50 will waterproof an entire home, while a monthly gift of $100 will provide one square foot of a child’s bedroom.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Find out what your company offers: Talk with your Human Resources team to discover how and when to enroll in payroll deduction.
Ask about Matching Donations: Ever wish you could multiply your gift to Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley? Thousands of companies have Matching Gift programs that double or even triple individual contributions made by their employees, retirees and even spouses of employees. Check with your employer’s Human Resources department to see if and how you can have your gifts matched.
Designate to Habitat Flathead: To make sure your gifts reach us; you’ll need to designate your company provided pledge form by using our Employer Identification Number. Keep in mind, there are a lot of Habitat organizations out there and our EIN is really the best way to make sure you’ve got the right one! (81-0461253)
What happens if Habitat Flathead isn't on your employer's list already?
You can ask your Human Resources team to add us or just let us know and we can work on that part directly.
What happens if I can't use an EIN to look up Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley?
That’s fine – use our name and address, just double check it’s us before submitting!
BECOME A CORPORATE SPONSOR
BUILDING A CULTURE
Your partnership with Habitat Flathead Valley demonstrates your organization’s values in a practical and meaningful way for both your employees and the community. National studies have shown this kind of involvement boosts employee engagement and brand promotion. And our own eyes have shown us there is no substitution for the sense of accomplishment shared after meeting a common goal, be it a fundraising target, finishing a kitchen, or collecting every last tool donation!
WIN – WIN PARTNERSHIPS
Whether you want to bring a cause to your office, bring your team to an experience, or bring attention to your brand, we’ll work with you to provide an experience that fits. Every level of participation has the same result: your team rallies around a common cause, and together, we build a stronger Flathead. It’s always a win – win. Here are just some of the ways you can get involved with our mission here in the Flathead Valley:
- Third-Party Fundraising & Benefit Events
- Cause Related Marketing/Branding Programs
- Home Sponsorship
- Team Volunteer Days
- Event Sponsorship
- Mission Support Make It Yours
- Company Sponsorship
- Customer or Client Engagement
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Challenges and Matching Gift Challenges
- Industry Challenges
- Benefit Events